There are a number of different pests that could currently be building up a presence in your New York City area home. By knowing which warning signs to look for in your home or business, you can stop the pests quickly, before they become a serious problem.
These common warning signs can be found in virtually any home in Staten Island, NY. If you notice any of these possible indicators, immediately call a professional to request a home visit to evaluate for pests.
Termites are more common than you might think in Staten Island, NY, and if left unchecked, they can seriously lower the value of your home. Be alert for these common signs to protect your home from these wood-munching insects.
- Regularly seeing flying termites around the outside of your home, or termite wings inside.
- Termite carcasses or wings in spider webs or cracks around your windows.
- Hollow wood beams around your home.
- Wood damage to the exterior of your home.
Carpenter ants are one of the last insects that you want hanging around your home and, unfortunately, they are common in the New York City area. They often go unnoticed until there are far too many for simple traps or sprays to be effective. Instead, you most likely will need assistance from a skilled exterminator. Carpenter ants make nests within the wood siding or walls of a home. If they are given a chance to get comfortable in your home, they can do serious structural damage. Look for the following evidence:
- Sawdust and wood damage around your home.
- Rustling in the walls or ceiling.
- Small trails of ants inside the house.
Rodents are a little easier to detect than many of the bugs on this list, but that doesn’t make it any easier to cope with them. They multiply quickly, and if they are caught in your home too late, they can be very difficult to eradicate. Following is a short list of signs that you have a rodent issue in your house.
- Small droppings in cupboards and under sinks in the kitchen.
- Shredded fiber gathered together.
- Rustling inside cupboards.
- Mouse or rat sightings.
Bed bugs can be a very irritating problem, and they quickly shift from a mild infestation to a serious problem. They will leave behind the following clues to their presence:
- Tiny eggshells on the bed.
- Black excrement the size of these bullet points.
- Bed bug sightings.
- Bed bug skins.
- Dark red stains on the mattress.
While it is possible to treat some of these pests on your own, the effort is often wasted. Home or business owners rarely detect infestations early enough to accomplish a self-treatment. When you bring in Staten Island pest control specialists, they can get to the root of the problem quickly, and stop the infestation from growing any further.
If you witness any of these warning signs, get in touch with us immediately, and we will help you get rid of those pests before you have a serious and unmanageable situation on your hands.