Bed Bugs are one of the toughest and worst infestations you can have. While ants, roaches, and even mice are just out to eat available food, bed bugs live on human blood. Unlike other pests, bed bugs, or Cimex lectularius, have also developed the habit of mostly feeding at night. These pests hide during the day, feed at night, and some people are even immune to their bite, so you may have them, and not know it.
Bed bugs live in mattresses and bedding but are not confined to those areas, they can live in any small cramped spaces, and anywhere they can hide. These adaptations make bed bugs difficult to detect, and eradicate. Staten Island Pest Control exterminators are specially trained to root out bed bugs, to find and kill them in every place where they live.
In recent history bed bugs had become rare in the United States, but due to a variety of factors, including reduced use of pesticides, increased international travel, and possibly just complacency bed bugs are on the rise, especially in the New York region.
Do You Have Bed Bugs?
Since bed bugs are difficult to catch the best way to find out if you have them is to watch for signs. Indications that you may have a bed bug problem include
- Bites on your skin causing itching, swelling or redness
- Small black spots or blood spots on your bedding.
- Dead reddish bugs with oval bodies.
- Bug remains, brown casings and eggs
Since bed bugs mostly come out at night you can see them if wait and turn on a flashlight in the dark. Another way is set out double sided tape and see if you trap them. If you suspect you have bed bugs call Staten Island Pest Control immediately, our professionals will come out an verify if they are present.
Bed Bug Removal
The process to remove Bed Bugs is extensive and cannot be completed without the help of licensed professionals. Bed bugs can be exterminated through two ways, heat and insecticides. The steps we use to
- Find The Bugs-Bed Bugs live in mattresses and bedding, but they also live in drawers, closets, sofas, and all kinds of furniture. They are very mobile and can live in every room of the building.
- Destroy the Bugs-Using insecticides our expert exterminators spray every nook, corner and crevice of the house. They spray everywhere and anything that might house bed bugs. The insecticides our professionals use are top grade and specially formulated to kill bed bugs.
- Wash all Clothes and Bedding-After Staten Island Pest Control has sprayed it is vital that all clothes, bedding and other soft material be washed in as high a temperature as allowed, dry cleaning is recommended for clothes that can’t go throw a wash.
- Heat Mattresses and Sofa-Using a hair dryer you can kill any remaining bugs by applying heat to the furniture. This will kill any bugs inside and prevent you from having to get new furniture.
- Cover-It is advised to use a plastic sealed cover for the mattress for up to a year after a bed bug infestation.
Bed bugs are an increasing problem in Staten Island and the rest of New York, if you suspect an invasion, do not hesitate. Call 555-555-5555 for the best exterminators in Staten Island, Staten Island Pest Control.